Friday, March 11, 2011

Hotel toiletries & shelters

If you travel a lot, or just a little, pick up the toiletries (believe me, you're paying for them).  Most people bring their own, and disregard the generic little bottles, but homeless and women's shelters NEED these items.  Bring them home and donate the unopened bottles!

I am cleaning out my bathroom, and never realized how many I had (just in case).  I am throwing away the opened bottles, and making a bag full of unopened and dropping them off to a local shelter, along with larger bottles I have gotten as gifts and do not use, as well as a few other gently used items.

Here are commonly asked for items you may have around:

  • Soap & Body Wash
  • Shaving Cream
  • Body Lotion
  • Cleaning Products
  • Shoe Accessories (laces, polish, etc.)
  • Slippers
  • Towels
  • Washcloths
  • Razors
  • Deodorant
  • Pill Boxes
  • Can Openers
  • Back Packs & Duffel Bags
  • Sheets (Twin or Queen)
  • Bathroom Tissue
  • Paper Towels
  • Kleenex
  • Laundry Detergent

No comments:

Post a Comment