Monday, February 11, 2013

Resolutions Updated

Since it has been almost 6 weeks since the new year, I thought I would give an update on my New Year's Resolutions.  I haven't been as committed as I wish I would have been.  Where does the time go?

Original Resolutions, and my progress:

1.  Meditate at least once per week
     
Nope.  Nada.  Why is it so hard to remember to do this?  I should set myself a reminder to do it in the morning at a certain time, but then I end up hitting my alarm anyway.  Any ideas?

2.  Keep a log of exercise - aim for 2x per week, increasing to 4 by April


Nope on this one too.  Ok, yes, I play hockey once or twice a week, but that doesn't count.  I think the beers negate the exercise.  But I will admit it's good for my heart.  This past weekend I was in a tournament and played 4 games in less than 3 days.  I have 2 more tournaments coming up in the next couple of months.  BUT I have to go to the gym.  I don't go because it's cold out, and because I have so much to do at home.  So if I can get some of that done (clean basement, repaint holes in walls), I feel like I will have less excuses to go to the gym.

3.  Write thank you cards for gifts by Jan 15

This one I did.  YAY!  I only had two to send because I was with everyone else, but it's still an accomplishment.

4.  Start using coupons by Dec 15

Yep, I did this one too.  Mostly I use the Kroger and Meijer coupons that are automatically loaded onto the card.  The problem with that is that I need to have a printout so I know what to buy.  I also print online coupons, but I find that I don't use a lot of them because I just don't need them.  They also don't have coupons on fresh fruits and veggies, and that's what I buy most.  So there is still room for improvement here, and Im still working on making it a habit and routine.

5.  Use up food in my cupboards consistently

This is a work in progress, so I'll say yes, I've used some things up.  I have too many cans because when I want to make a recipe, I want the ingredients to be readily available.  But it's getting a little ridiculous.  Ok, so now I have to work on looking at recipes to use up the before-mentioned stockpile of canned foods.  The only problem?  I was just told I should stay away from canned and boxed foods because they are processed.  Dilemnas, dilemnas!

6.  Do some of the projects I have saved, taken pictures of, and written down

This will happen when it gets warmer out and I have the resources (like wood and sticks) to do these.

7.  Learn how to knit - basic stitches by June 1st

This is also back burner because I gave myself a long deadline.  Funny how that works.  Ok, I will go on YouTube and at least practice this week.

8.  Learn how to use Pinterest

Pinterest is totally cool, and TOTALLY sucks your time.  There is everything you can imagine, from recipes, to crafts, to history, to places .... it's endless, and it's really hard to stop looking.  Now I'll just have to remember to go back in and use the super cool stuff I pinned.  Feel free to follow me (I don't exactly know what that means yet, but I do know I'm following some other people)

9.  Be less judgemental - to others and to myself

Yeah.  Working on this.  Working on thinking about where other people are coming from when someone annoys me.  It's all about perception, right?  Still difficult, but baby steps ...

10.  Cook dinner at home more often

I guess I've never been bad at this, but its hard to make just a little bit, and I hate to waste food.  And my freezer is pretty full (don't forget there are two of us sharing space).  So my offer goes back out there - does anyone want to trade prepared, freezable, dinners?  Come Spring Im going to be giving stuff away because I love spring veggies and herbs, and it makes me want to make food all the time.


How are you doing with your resolutions?

Peace.  Love.  Serene.

No comments:

Post a Comment