Friday, January 17, 2014

Kombucha!!!

My kombucha is finally done!  Now, I had every intention to take pictures of the pretty bottles I put them in for the second stage fermentation, which is when I add the flavorings.  And then I had every intention of showing you the finished product before I poured it into smaller bottles.  But I was just too excited.  None of that happened.

The fermentation took 21 days because its so freaking cold out.  I have heard that it's supposed to take 7-14 days, and in warmer weather, it probably will.  I added the flavoring, and let it stew for another 3 days, and it came out just perfect.   Well, there was a lot of carbonation when the flavoring was done, and it did lose a bit of it's fizz when I poured it into the smaller bottles.  So basically it's the very best when it is just done with the flavoring stage, in my opinion.  But I like really fizzy things too .... mmmmm Vernors.

So if anyone wants to try some, I have 3 flavors - Blackberry Lime, Lemon Ginger, and Apple Cinnamon.  I can't even tell you which is my favorite because they are all sooooo yummy!

If anyone has a favorite flavor to try, I would be happy to add it to the next batch!

Click HERE for all of the wonderful things about kombucha.

Give me a call so I can bring you over a sample!

Peace.  Love.  Serene.

No comments:

Post a Comment