Friday, July 18, 2014

Peach Pizza & The Veggetti

So I guess it was Pinterest (Click here to follow me on Pinterest) tryout week for me.  I made these tasty pesto chicken burgers, which were awesome, and then since I've been making pizza lately, decided to try out the Peach Balsamic Pizza.  WOW.  I mean ... WOW!  So its frozen pizza dough rolled out and topped with olive oil, sliced peaches, mozzarella, goat cheese, balsamic vinegar, and basil.  Seriously, it tastes just as good as it sounds!!  You HAVE to make this!



Just for the record, I have not been paid by any company to promote this product.  (I am happy to take swag!  anyone? ... anyone?)  This little gadget is called The Veggetti and I hate the name.  It sounds too much like Vajayjay.  If you don't know what that is, ask your mother.  

Despite the name, this a cool little toy.  I like it much better than my Noodler, which is more like a flat wide-toothed grater.  It has a thick side, which is perfect for zucchini noodles, and a thin side, which might work for something like carrots - when you want something thin and tender.  I sauté' my "noodles" in a little olive oil or butter, garlic, and salt and pepper.  Then it is ready to be topped with pasta sauce, or more olive oil and herbs.  You could even do RAW spaghetti with fresh garlic, tomato, and basil!  The other day I also tried it on a cucumber.  Apparently I like the shape of noodles, because this made my salad taste SO MUCH better!  I ate an entire english cucumber, topped with a whole tomato, and Italian-imported (thanks, Bri!) balsamic vinaigrette.  Dude, I ate an ENTIRE english cucumber! 





What have you eaten this week?

Peace.  Love.  Serene.

No comments:

Post a Comment