Sunday, March 8, 2015

Ask and it shall be! SPRING!

So I asked if it was spring, right?  AND IT IS SPRING!  IT IS SPRING!  I don't know about the rest of the country, but today was a beautiful, sunny, day in Detroit!  I opened the shades, made a few trips outside, and saw neighbors in Tshirts.  While Im not that brave, it certainly did wonders to lift my mood!

And a wonderful way to bring you my blog about seed starting.  Now, I almost didn't do seeds this year.  When it's time to plant after the last frost (May 2nd this year), I can always find plants at the local plant stands and farmers market that are stronger, bigger, and healthier, than mine.  And they are usually only $2-$3.  So why bother spending time and electricity on starting my own?  Well, it's simple.  I need it.  I need to see the little seedlings coming up with the promises of spring and gardening.  I generally try to stay away from the plants that are readily available and stick to rare or heirloom veggies, herbs, and flowers.  There is a whole chart system of when to start each seed, based on last frost date and how long it takes them to grow.  I really don't have the patience for that.  While I did start them a week apart, I was too excited to get them into their little pots.  So the pictures you see have tiny seedlings from the seeds I started last weekend.  YAY!





Who else loves to start seeds, or gardens?

Peace.  Love.  Serene.

No comments:

Post a Comment