Wednesday, December 5, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I stopped making new year's resolutions a few years ago because frankly, I didn't stick to them.  But I have realized it is a good time to remind yourself of the changes you want to make in your life.  Yes, they need to be realistic goals.  Yes, you need a game plan.  But it can go so much longer (or sooner) than the usual resolutions.  So here are some of my ideas (not necessarily using this year), and I would love to hear more to add to the list.  They don't have to be the ones you're setting - just ideas for everyone else!

1.  Meditate at least once per week - increasing a day every 3 months (putting on calendar!)
2.  Keep a log of exercise - aim for 2x per week, increasing to 4 by April (putting on calendar!)
3.  Write thank you cards for gifts by Jan 15 (putting on calendar!)
4.  Start using coupons by Dec 15 (I don't mean the extreme couponing, people, get your head out of the gutter - but seriously?  A $400 grocery bill and they pay $13?)
5.  Use up food in my cupboards consistently
6.  Do some of the projects I have saved, taken pictures of, and written down (many of them are nature based, so I might have to wait for spring for these)
7.  Learn how to knit - basic stitches by June 1st
8.  Learn how to use Pinterest
9.  Be less judgemental - to others and to myself
10.  Cook dinner at home more often (Does anyone want to trade 1/2 dinners?  Sometimes I waste because I can't eat it all up before it goes bad)


By the way, it helps to write them down and post them where you can see them every day
Thanks, Miss Katy


Peace.  Love.  Serene

No comments:

Post a Comment