Friday, May 31, 2013

Whole 30 - Healing Crisis

Im coming up to my halfway mark of this program, and I'll have to admit, it isn't all the smiles and roses that I reported last time.  Yesterday was the first time I was feeling some cravings for my forbidden foods.  I was looking through Pinterest on Halloween boards (yes, I look at Halloween stuff all year long.  This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone by now), and there were a lot of cool cakes, caramel apples, and other various desserts.  It looked good.  It looked really REALLY good.  More so than I've ever wanted sweets before.  And it's not the only time in the last few days that desserts have looked good to me.  Which is strange, because I really don't eat much sugar, so I thought that would be the easiest of the food groups to avoid.  Why do they look so good to me now?  Don't tell me Im going to want sugar just because Im not eating cheese?  Or is it because Im eliminating all of the sugar from my body, and the tiny bit I ate before was just enough of a "comfort padding" for my body, that now it is losing it and craving more?  This is a question for the more health-smart people in my life (Katy? Jason?)

I've also had some physical distress - I had a migraine (true migraine - sensitive to light - could be due to dehydration) over the past three days - thank goodness for strong meds!  I had also felt some flu-like symptoms.  Chills, nausea, achy.  But for some reason I knew it wasn't the flu.   I'm hoping this is the point that they call the Healing Crisis

  • The healing crisis is the result of every body-system, in concert, working to eliminate waste products through all elimination channels and set the stage for regeneration. The end result: old tissues are replaced with new. When any treatment or cleansing program causes a large scale die-off of bacteria, a significant amount of endotoxins (toxins within the bacteria itself) are released into the body. The more bacteria present, and the stronger their endotoxins, the stronger the cleansing reaction. When any treatment or detox causes the organs of the body (particularly the liver, which is a storehouse of drug and poison residues) to release their stored poisons and toxins, a cleansing reaction may occur. Any program, such as fasting, which causes a rapid breakdown of fat cells (which are a storehouse for toxins), can cause a healing crisis as toxins previously lodged in the fat cells are released into the blood stream. 
If in fact I have hit this point, it means that my body has really worked through all of the stores of sugar, gluten, toxins, and all rest of the things I have eliminated, and are working them out of the body.  It means my body is truly getting healthier, and replacing the poisoned cells with new healthy ones. 

Strangely enough, my willpower is still going strong.  I know some of you are considering this plan and you don't think you could do it.  YOU CAN!  I considered not reporting the bad stuff from above, but it is part of the necessary healing process.  The worst was only 3 days.  Today is day 4 and while I'm not feeling awesome, I am going in the right direction.

To end this blog, I will share a collage of foods I have been eating - YUM! - While I might have to work a little bit harder for my meals and be prepared, nobody can say that Im not eating well!

Peace.  Love.  Serene!



Eggs and veggies, cherries!
Eggs and veggies, farmers market sausage

Panara fuji apple salad (no dairy in the dressing - I checked!  But probably a wee bit of sugar)
Tuna salad (olive oil Vitamix mayo) in lettuce wrap with shredded carrots and cucumber

Chicken stir fry (no rice) - no sauce
Grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, cherries

Zucchini noodles with marinara and fresh basil
Shrimp scampi with clarified butter (only dairy allowed)

Marinated grilled pork tenderloin, grilled apples, grilled onions, green beans, fresh pineapple
And my NEW FAVORITE:  Frozen bananas in vitamix w/ coconut milk, salt, & cinnamon







No comments:

Post a Comment