Sunday, June 9, 2013

Whole 30 - Day 22

Ok everyone, I'm feeling great!  I am not waking up in the middle of the night, I am being told I look slim, that my skin is glowing, and that my eyes are brighter.  I would like to say I have more energy, but frankly I haven't been getting my 8 hours of sleep, so I only have myself to blame.  I also have not been exercising at all (ok summer hockey is in season, but I don't count that).  I wish I would have been better about that because I feel like I would have seen some huge changes.

What do you think?  Can I still add that in and have a bikini-ready body by pool party time?

I am now in Washington DC for my little brother, Khyler's, high school graduation.  I wasn't prepared for breakfast before my flight, so I had three bananas in the car and airport to hold me over.  Surprisingly, it worked!  Because there was nooooothing for me to eat at the airport except for overpriced whole fruit.

Now that I'm here, I'm sticking to the plan.  My sister Sony, her boyfriend Josh, and I, went kayaking on the Potomac - super fun!  

We had BBQ yesterday, which was really good.  I also made stovetop popcorn for everyone.  Then it was pointed out to me that it's corn, which is not on the approved list.  So is it off plan?  My thinking is that I can't have corn because of the starch, but the kernel itself does not hold the same properties, so I think it's perfectly fine.  It better be, because I already realized my mistake on peanut butter and had to cut that out!







Today was the grad party, and probably the hardest day yet.  They had it catered by Baja fresh, which all looks amazing.  And besides the tortillas, chips, and cheese, there is a lot for me to eat!  I grabbed a piece of lettuce and made a huge burrito.





BUT I have felt like I'm missing something today.  It could be the amazing spread of chips and salsa,

















Or it could be the incredible cupcakes ... As I said before, I don't have much of a sweet tooth normally, but these are killing me!




I can do this!  Resist the cupcakes!

Peace.  Love.  Serene.

No comments:

Post a Comment