Thursday, January 12, 2012

I. Heart. Guacamole.

So I was buying this packet of powder that was a guacamole mix - just add 2 avocados.  Um ok.  Isn't that what guacamole consists of anyway?  But it was reallllyyyy good.  But recently I read the ingredients - and I can't pronounce all of them.  So now I am making my own, and it is just as good!

2 avocados - scooped out (use a spoon), chopped, throw in a bowl, use a fork to mash so its still chunky.
1/2 lime, juiced - squeeze in
1/4 onion, chopped - optional.  I hate raw onion so I don't use it
1 small clove of garlic, chopped - or just use a small grater and grate it in
fresh cilantro, chopped small - use as much as you like to taste
fresh ground pepper
salt, fresh ground is best, and lots of it!  : )
1 roma tomato (or regular tomato but squeeze to get rid of most seeds), chopped - mix in


Use this yummy concoction with tortilla chips, veggie sticks, instead of mayo on a sandwich, on a baked potato (I had it today - yum!), spread on pita and add chopped veggies for a fresh pizza, mix with egg yolks in deviled eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment