Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pittsburgh

This weekend I visited my sister in Pittsburgh for the first time.  She's lived there for a year already!  Rebecca and I arrived at 5:30pm on Friday to a Sonya who was ready to go!  We dressed and visited Matt's (sony's boyfriend) restaurant, Willow, where he served us AMAZING food!  Bec also came up with a new drink, Guava rum and house-made lemonade ... they are putting it on their summer menu.  GO BEC!

We followed that up with a trip up to Mount Washington to see the view of the city.  It was amazing.

We visited the South side with great people watching, and a couple of cool little bars.

On Saturday we went shopping and ate sushi.  We visited Finnigans, by PNC Park, and watched the Bucs win (on TV).  We headed home to grill veggies (Sony is a vegetarian), drink wine, and played UNO.  The longest game of UNO ever.  Nobody won, but it was so much fun.


On Sunday we headed to brunch at Pino's (click here for the brunch menu).  It was the best eggs benedict with REAL crab I have ever had.  Well done, chef Joseph Mico, well done.


We followed up with a walk at the waterfront.  This river is beautiful.  Sony had never been there, and I feel good that it is somewhere she wants to go back to and spend some time.  I feel like I have been a small link to connect her to nature, and the feel of the water.  Next time we will find the rented kayaks and take a trip down the river.








The best part of the walk was stumbling upon the WATER STEPS.  This is one of the coolest things ever.  Cascading water with dozens of small waterfalls massaged your feet.  Watching the people relax and enjoy themselves, the kids playing, and the dogs get a cool down.  I believe there was a happy energy flowing through that water.  I could FEEL it!  And I think everyone that touched that water was infused with that energy.



It was a great weekend, and it just reiterated to importance of family, and experiencing their lives.  I encourage everyone to go spend a day or a weekend with a sibling or another family member.  Trust me, your life will feel more balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment