Monday, August 13, 2012

Welcome Home, Love Marquette


The trip back to Marquette is always filled with excitement and hesitation.  Will I get to do everything I want to do?  Will I get bored?  Will it be warm enough? (Turns out it's been too HOT!)  This was the first time in a long time that I spent an entire week up north, and I tried to really take advantage of it.  Here are pictures of some of our fun:






Jude and Gray LOVED playing in Lake Superior!




It was time to go get my kayak 
out of my mom's garage, and a rental kayak for Michelle






Lake Superior was beautiful!









So worth it.  Where else can you get this kind of view?










White Sangria and breadsticks. 

MMMMMM.  A Marquette must-stop











Stuccos - big beers (Shoops)
















Running into old friends








Fireworks even though it was raining!











Magic Mike pool party








Calumet Shenanigans, cliff diving, whitefish, and best friends














Plenty of time spent at Blackrocks Brewery









Serene Point, Presque Isle.  This is the spot I've talked about.  Time stands still.  Nerves chill out.  Motivation increases.  It reminds me of my journey, and to stay on my path.






Loved this sign at a Lake Superior rest stop - beach included.  Of course I need a foot wash station!






Good bye, Marquette.  Hello Mackinac Bridge






What is missing from pictures:  Pier One shopping.  Pasta shop. Drinking with a priest.  No confession.  Karaoke.  International Food Fest.  Blueberry beer.  Thank you America.  Mom time.  Seabrook's reunion.  Visit the horsey.  Tuna casserole.  All-around relaxing fun, nature, and back to Serene.

Peace.  Love.  Serene

No comments:

Post a Comment