Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Farmers Market

So yesterday I made it to the farmer's market after several weeks of out of town and other plans.  I walked around looking for perfect veggies and good prices, stopped by Dirty Girl Farms for my latest loose teas and supplements (flax seed, chia seed, marshmallow root, and nettle).

I also looked at every shape and size of squash and pumpkin.  Yes, autumn is here!

I walked out with my arms full of cut flowers, carrots, tons of greens for green juice, peanut butter, dill for chicken soup, teas, my first pumpkin of the season, and huge containers of Mums.

And that's when it hit me.  I was smiling.  For nothing!  There is something about the farmer's market that actually changes my physiology and floods my body with endorphins!  The more I thought about it, the more I realized it is the same feeling I get when I am out at a barn and going horseback riding.  And sometimes when gardening.  I say sometimes because sometimes I get in over my head and I get sick of gardening before I finish my project, and I get overwhelmed.

BUT to continue my "high", I decided to clean up my garden for fall when I got home.  I cut down all of my perennials that have started to brown, and I planted 100 bulbs.  I have 50 more but I decided to save those for another day.

So I guess my parents had felt my energy before I was even born and bought the farm with the huge garden where I was born.  I'll do my best to grab that feeling more often!


Peace.  Love.  Serene.

No comments:

Post a Comment