Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Whole 30 - Day 24

This is it!  Im in the home stretch!  Including today, 7 days to go!  Whew.  Im home.  Back to my own fridge, stove, preparation, home-cooked meals.  Don't get me wrong - I had a BLAST in DC, but its hard to not be able to be prepared for each meal.  And plus, all that really good tempting food are not in my house, so that makes it easier as well.  So traveling on the Whole 30 Plan - Possible!  (Im proof) - but not recommended.  I'll be honest.  I had several weak moments that I thought "just a taste - why can't I have that anyway?"  But in the end, I stuck to my plan, and I have no guilty feelings.

I did go out to dinner, and it seems that a beautiful steak with grilled onions is my go-to restaurant meal.  I haven't been disappointed yet.

And this week is "get back to business week" - the last week should be a good one, so I'm going to check into my Pinterest board aptly named "Whole 30" (you can look here), and try to make more of the recipes from my list.

Im also running the Mud Factor run next Saturday with my friend Katy, so yeah, I should probably ATTEMPT to run every day (I am still in the walk 2, run 1 phase).  Wish me luck and encouragement on the training forefront.

Hey guess what.  No cupcakes in this girl's tummy!

Peace.  Love.  Serene.



I'm sure you're getting sick of seeing my veggie egg scrambles with fruit ...
Taco salad - taco meat with grilled onions & peppers - fresh cold, crisp veggies on top.  -----------------------Here is the blended frozen bananas with pistachios & blueberries - holy YUM!




Fancy graduation dinner.  Lots of tempting choices.  I had chicken satay as an appetizer, and a perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned filet mignon with roasted asparagus & steamed broccoli (instead of garlic mashed potatoes).        -------------------------- Mini desserts of all flavors were served at the end - I had this lovely fresh fruit in a shot glass.













No comments:

Post a Comment