Sunday, June 21, 2015

Summer Garden 1

Let the SUMMER GARDEN commence!

It's amazing.  I GREW these!!










I picked up a few new foxglove and delphinium.  I keep saying to my farmer's market flower guy, George, "I don't have any more room in my garden!" And he says, "You said that last week!"  So no, I didn't actually grow these, but they are now a part of my garden and a part of my soul, so I thought I would share! 








I just wanted to add this in because I love this flower, and I love that the iPhone 5S was able to take such a gorgeous picture!



I bought an egg sack of Praying Mantids at the farmer's market (no, not Mantis, which refers to a specific genus - I had to Google that!) - they hatched in their container in a couple of weeks, and I put them out in my garden to catch their dinner (bugs!)




Last year, after I put them in the garden, I never saw them again, except that I saw a 3-4 inch long praying mantid in the fall after he had been eating all summer.  I jumped back!  But this year I found a baby a couple days after I let them free!  
Do you see him?  (or her)





What did you grow in your garden this week?

Peace.  Love.  Serene.

No comments:

Post a Comment