Saturday, March 8, 2014

Busy times & Great Omelets

So among my health, food, and gardening posts, I feel like something is being lost.  Im using a very intellectual mind and posting facts and stories and recipes.  But I tend to not interject emotions very well.  This weekend I will change that.  I will be posting 2 posts:  one about a friends trip to Florida, getting away from a very snowy Michigan, and the other post will be about losing my Granny, who was one of my best friends.  It was very hard, and it will continue to be hard.  But that is for another post.

So there is just a bit of "A Serene Life" content in this post, I have to tell you about this AWESOME omelet I had.  While in Florida, there is a little cafe (attached to a public beach store) that my brother has been telling me to get breakfast at for at least 3 years.  This year I finally made it down there and had our breakfast in the sun.  I ordered a seafood omelet, which was filled with perfect shrimp, scallops, and crabmeat.  The eggs were fluffy and salty, and there was a scattering of fresh herbs.  But the winning ingredient (which I would have never thought of!) was CREAM CHEESE!  It was brilliant.  I was like seafood alfredo in a perfect egg packet.  I think I will try to make it, adding just a touch of white melty cheese just to make if feel a bit more omeletty.   I'll let you know when I attempt this culinary masterpiece!

Peace.  Love.  Serene.

No comments:

Post a Comment