Tuesday, March 25, 2014

We Are The Champions ....

Yeahhhh my hockey team won our league championships this weekend.  What a great feeling, and what a great end to a nearly undefeated season.  We lost one game, and tied a few, and won all the rest!  But it hasn't always been this way.  A few years ago we won the Ruicci Cup after being second to last in the league.  Now THAT was an upset.  Here is our team pic, all sweaty and all:


I would like to try and explain the camaraderie of being on a team.  And I mean on a team sport.  I was a gymnast for many years, and yes, I was on a team, but being out on the ice / court / field together is a different story.  You have to depend on them, and they have to depend on you.  You win together, you lose together.  But for me, there's more to it.  I haven't been good about keeping in touch with everyone on my team in the off season, but as soon as you come back together, it's as if nothing has changed.  But for those couple of hours a week, THEY are your support system.  And there is something magical about getting in that locker room, and on the ice, and just forgetting life for a little bit.  No matter how big or small your problems are, you don't have to think about that for that couple of hours.  I'm happy the season ended so well, but sad that it's over for 6 months!  OK, bring on the sun now!

Me with the Ruicci Cup * Ted Lindsay giving me my award


Me stretching before the game


A funny before game diving ritual from a couple of my teammates


Me and my defense partner, Sherri


The ice after we won


GO METRO BLADES!

Peace.  Love.  Serene.

No comments:

Post a Comment